Home | Location | Contact

Building Information

Click links for additional info:   Documents  

The Ontario Building Code Act and Code are Regulations that are set in place by the Province of Ontario. Under the requirements of this Act, Municipalities are responsible for the enforcement of the Act, Code and governing regulations. The Building Code sets minimum standards, which ensures public safety and uniformity in the construction industry.


Building permits are required for:

·         The construction of a new home;

·         An addition (of any size) to an existing building, including residential, commercial and farm buildings, decks, swimming pools, storage buildings, garages, etc;

·         Renovations or alterations to existing buildings depending of the change and type of materials used;

·         The construction of any structure/accessory building *(garage, shed, etc.) with an area greater than 106 square feet;

·         The construction of farm buildings.

·         A permit is also required for demolition of a building, as well as for re-shingling a roof.**

Please note:  It is very important when submitting an Application for a Building Permit that you make sure all the necessary forms are filled out and that you are submitting all of the required paperwork. (See "Requirements to Obtain a Permit" at the bottom.)

Building Permit Fee Annual Report
This report is issued pursuant to the requirements of Section 7(4) of the Building Code Act, as amended. This report sets out the Total Fees collected, a summary of the indirect and direct costs of administration and enforcement and the statement of reserve funds for building services.  A copy of this report can be found at the bottom of this page.  

* Please noteAccording to By-law No. 91-08, “An accessory building or structure may only be located after the main use has been erected.”

 ** If it's only a small repair job on a roof, please contact the Chief Building Official, Paul Gervais, at (705)752-2740 and if a permit is not needed, he will issue a letter to permit you to take the old shingles to the landfill site.  Without a permit or a letter, no shingles will be accepted at the landfill.

For a list of forms to be completed and/or drawings required for the various projects, click on the “Requirements to obtain a permit” at the bottom of this page.


Building Permit Applications can be obtained at the Township Office or at the bottom of this page.   Applications from the North-Mattawa Conservation Authority for construction or alteration of a sewage disposal system are also available at the office or at nbmca.on.ca Other forms at the bottom of this page: Requesting Inspection; Acknowledgment for Site Dimensions and Setbacks, By-Law No. 2005-21 (to regulate the administration of building permits and related matters).



Requirements to Obtain a Building Permit
File: Requirements to Obtain a Building Permit.pdf

Application for Building Permit
File: Building Permit Application 2011.pdf

Building By-law
File: Building By-law-07122011080418.pdf

Building Permit Fee Annual Report 2014
File: Building Permit Fee Report 2014.pdf

Building Permit Fees By-law
File: Building Permit Fees By-Law.pdf

Building Permit Fee Annual Report 2015
File: Building Permit Fee Annual Report-16032016151742.pdf

Building Permit Fee Annual Report 2016
File: Building Permit Fee Annual Report 2016.pdf

Application Form for a Zoning By-law Amendment
File: Application Form - Zoning By-law Amendment.pdf

Building Permit Fee Annual Report - 2017
File: Building Permit Fee Annual Report - 2017.pdf

No duplication is permitted of www.replicaswatches.org this site graphically or conceptually unless requested and approved in writing.
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Copyright © 2011Township of Chisholm Ontario and Northshore Developments.
For technical issues regarding this site replican please contact the site developers: Northshore